Friday, April 6, 2012

Pat Rawson on Facebook


Pat Rawson
"I felt I would re-post this picture which was shot at Kammie-land, sometime in Summer '86 first posted from Toyo Ohashi's wall. All my personal boards (thanks to Kenny Bradshaw) to this day, since the first Quads came in around 1984, were made as a 5 fin option (they could be ridden as a thruster or quad, sometimes a 5-er).
This one 6'2 had a moderate panel vee throughout, and was a great board up to 4-5' North Shore. The Boomerang fin, aka the Harold Ige/Bobby Owens fin, was a 100% improvement over the slabs guys were glassing on the tail of their boards at that time.
That Boomerang era lasted for about 4+ years, and I enjoyed Booby Owens, Mark Foo, Darrick Doerner, Richard Schmidt and others racing around on these racy boards at Sunset Beach and Waimea! Many thanks, you guys! Especially to Harold Ige who has just recently passed away. What a great shaping mentor and 100% honest person...he is sadly missed!"

1 comment:

Gerald Gonzales said...

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Naturally I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.