Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pat for Prez


"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."

"Why should we tell kidnappers, murderers, and embezzlers their rights? If they don't know their rights, they shouldn't be in the business."

When originally "denying" he was running, borrowing from General William Sherman in 1884: "I will not run if nominated, and if elected I will not serve."

Presidential Campaign Slogan: "I've upped my standards. Now, up yours."

Presidential Campaign Slogan: "If elected, I will win."

"I am neither left wing nor right wing. I am middle-of-the-bird."

3 comments:

pranaglider said...

With all the political news of late I was just thinking of Pat.

Classic stuff thanks for posting it

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Great post. The Essence of a political Cabin.

rspeer said...

When I was a freshman at Tustin High in 1968 Pat Paulsen was the surprise guest at our school assembly. I can still see him up on stage flashing the peace sign with both hands. Great stuff.